Saturday, January 2, 2010

34 Degrees

For the Christmas holiday, my wife and I joined her family in Brant Lake, New York. For those of you unfamilair with the State of New York, New York City and Long Island are on the southerm end of the state and make up a small porpotion of the total land area. The majority of the state is to the north and the northwest of NYC. Our trip from Queens takes us four hours north to the town of Brant Lake. This part of New York is very much different than the noisy, busy and congested areas around NYC and the wilderness here reminds me of the small mountain towns in Colorado. It is quite, peaceful and beautiful.


This is a shot of the Shroon River.




This is another photograph of the Scroon River. Soon after this was taken, a gentil rain started to fall. It was one of the most peaceful places I have ever been.




A fallen tree gives a wonderful reflection in the Scroon River.






A Blue Jay was pearched outside the window of my wifes auntd house. These are very hyper birds and took me several dozen shots to get a good one.







This is the town of Brant Lake. It is several miles away from my wife's aunts house. The small brick building with the white roof is the old town library, built in 1902.





This is a photograph of some ice that formed on the dam of Brant Lake.


The trip upstate was a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the the city. The views were breathtaking and the company was wonderful. Thank you to all of those that made this holiday so enjoyable.
Thank you for taking the time to view my blog. As always your comments, questions and suggestions are welcome. I have a few projects in the NYC area in mind, but if anyone has any ideas or wants to see photographs of anything in the NYC area please let me know.
Upcoming project ideas:
Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island/Liberty State Park
Times Square
Central Park
Rockefeller Center/Top of the Rock Observation Deck
NYC Architecture
Trains/Buses/Subways/Ferries


Checkout me out at:
Follow me on Twitter: JWPphotos















No comments:

Post a Comment